[Insight-developers] Is MeshKComplex.cxx right?

Mark Foskey mark_foskey@unc.edu
Mon, 19 May 2003 16:41:18 -0400

Mark Foskey wrote:
>  From the implementation of itk::Mesh, it looks like two steps are
> required to specify cell neighbors:
>
> 1. Call SetBoundaryAssignment to link a BoundaryIdentifier with a
> particular triple of (cell, dimension, feature identifier).
>
> 2. Call SetBoundary to link the given identifier with a particular
> boundary cell.

Having now (belatedly) looked at itkMeshTest.cxx, it looks like one also
needs to:

3. Call AddUsingCell on the given boundary cell to record that a
particular cell has it as a boundary.

Should all of this be indicated in the User's Guide?  Do you want me to
do that?

> Also, if I do call SetBoundary(), what do I pass in as a
> BoundaryAutoPointer?  Do I take the appropriate CellAutoPointer from the
> list of cells, and cast it to a BoundaryAutoPointer?  That doesn't sound
> right.  There doesn't seem to be any documentation of how one uses that
> function in practice.

This is answered by itkMeshTest.cxx.  I'm sorry I didn't check that
before asking the question.

--
Mark Foskey    (919) 843-5436   Computer-Aided Diagnosis and Display Lab
mark_foskey@unc.edu             Department of Radiology, CB 7515, UNC