[Insight-developers] itkTypeMacro usage?

Andy Cedilnik andy . cedilnik at kitware . com
06 Jun 2003 10:54:51 -0400

Hi John,

I am not sure about Insight, but in VTK every class is a subclass of
vtkObject (except couple which are subclasses of vtkObjectBase, but do
not have type macro anyway). I am pretty sure there is the same thing
true in ITK. I mean the type macro makes certain assumptions about the
class and its members, so if you do not use it on a subclass of
itkObject(?), then things will not compile anyway.

			Andy