[Insight-developers] Brainstorming an agenda for the February meeting

Will Schroeder will.schroeder@kitware.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:16:17 -0500

Hi Folks-

Based on last Friday's TCON, and Bill's input, these are proposed topics
and schedule for the meeting. Luis and I thought to ditch the breakout
sessions; we wanted to go to all of them :-(

Will
------------------------

Thursday---------------------------------------------------------
9:00 - Introduction / Status (Terry)
	+ Introductions all around
	+ Status / organizational issues

  9:30 - New Contractors
	+ Overview of software/quality process (Bill L.)
	+ Contractors talk about 10 minutes each

11:30 - ITK Theory Book (Terry/All)

12:00 - Lunch

1:00 - Recent Developments
	+ ITK Software Guide / Crediting contributors (Luis / Will)
	+ Neighborhood iterators (Josh)
	+ Level set framework (Lydia/Josh)
	+ DICOM Parser and DICOM IO (Jim)

3:00 - Issues 1
	+ InsightApplications as separate checkout (Will / Luis)
	+ Managing GUI / dependencies in Applications  / Triple TK (fltk, vtk,
itk) (Jim / Luis)
	+ Applications working directory (Bill L.)
	+ Pervasive Pipelining (Jim)
	+ DLL's on Windows (Ken Martin)

4:30 - Teaching with ITK: Status
	+ Short course (Luis / Bill / Stephen / Josh / etc.)
	+ Semester Course (George / Stephen)

Friday------------------------------------------------------------------
9:00 - Release Schedules (Bill L. / All)
	+ What to call it
	+ Dates / timeline
	+ Transition plan (funding/ Insight Consortium, etc.)

10:00 - ITK in Application
	+ FDA Issues (Cleary / Luis)
	+ Issues (Luis)

10:30 - Issues 2
	+ FEM / Mesh / Deformable models (Will)
	+ Level set (Lydia / Josh / Other)
	+ Path class / Chain code (Luis)

1:00 - Planning, Conclusions and Action Items (Terry / All)
	+ Review bug list / open issues
	+ What needs to be done by September

3:00 - Drink Beer / Go Home