[Insight-developers] Re: Question about spatial objects

Will Schroeder will.schroeder@kitware.com
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 11:45:37 -0500

Hi Stephen and Julien-

Thanks so much for the content on spatial objects. I have added it (with
little modification) to the SoftwareGuide::SystemOverview chapter.

Question for you guys (and others on the developers list): I am wrestling
with how to credit the authors of the material in the Software Guide. This
thing will eventually be published as a real book (meaning it has an ISBN,
and manifests in paper form, etc.) and books generally have one or more
authors. I don't like organization or company names as authors, mainly
because the book ends up mainly being the work of just a few people (e.g.,
Luis) and they really deserve the recognition. On the other hand, folks
like you and Julien will be adding material and it is important to give
credit. I suppose we could do a "Edited By" with a list of contributors
inside the cover.

Thoughts? It might be worth some discussion time in Philly.

Will