[Insight-developers] checked in changes vis a vis new SystemT ools ...

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen@crd.ge.com
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:27:53 -0400

Good start  Kent. Remember though, that this new library should have no itk
dependencies. I removed the itk references this morning.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Kent Williams [mailto:kent@mail.psychiatry.uiowa.edu]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 3:15 PM
To: Insight Developers List
Subject: [Insight-developers] checked in changes vis a vis new
SystemTools ...

I yanked out all of the file system utility calls in Code/IO/itkIOCommon,
and
moved a couple that didn't already have an implementation in
itkkwsys/Systemtools, and then changed all the files that used to depend on
IOCommon so they use SystemTools.

I'll keep watching the continuous builds to make sure I haven't broken
anything, but I did compile everything, and run all the tests.

Some stylistic quibbles --

1. The headers in itkkwsys are the only ones with '.HXX' extensions
2. We don't normally have to add a subdirectory path in includes, e.g.

#include <itkkwsys/SystemTools.h>

3. should it be itkSystemTools.h? Is this a special case, or was that an
oversight?