[Insight-developers] checked in changes vis a vis new SystemTools ...

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman@kitware.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:35:43 -0400

Thanks for making the change.

The idea was to create a library that could be shared by
VTK, ITK, and cmake.   So, it has some of its own naming conventions.
Specifying the sub-dir in the include, was to make sure that we could
mix ITK and VTK versions of the kwsys library.
So, you could have, something like this:

---someitk.h-----
#include <itkkwsys/SystemTools.hxx>

--- somevtk.h-----
#include <vtkkwsys/SystemTools.hxx>

--- vtk/itk program.cxx---
#include <someitk.h>
#include <somevtk.h>

They could even have different versions of the kwsys library.

We were also thinking, that each project might have its own additions
to the systems tools class, and that we might want to create a
itk::SystemTools : public itkkwsys::SystemTools  class that has
itk specific functions.   (for example, some of the cmake functions were
removed because they were really specific to cmake.)

Of course, right now, cmake and VTK do not use the library, but that
will come in time.

-Bill