[Insight-developers] Installation under Linux

Blezek, Daniel J (Research) blezek@crd.ge.com
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:55:23 -0500

Hi all,

  When I install Insight under Unix, I get this
/usr/local/InsightToolkit/{Common,Numerics,Utilities,...}  requiring
multiple -I flags on the command line (when not using CMake).  I have two
suggestions for folks like me who don't always use CMake:

1)  Could all the .h and .txx files be put into /usr/local/InsightToolkit?
Then I only need one -I flag in my makefile.  This is consistent with many
other packages, and eases the burden for non-CMake users.

2)  Could CMake write out any Insight specific flags in a "Readme.txt" type
file?  I could then use those flags in my makefile, and still be compatible.
This file could be placed in the install include directory.

  In part, this request to make Insight more "compatible" with the way I
commonly do things under Unix, which I suspect is fairly common among Unix
developers.

Thanks,
-dan

--