[Insight-developers] [Fwd: Re: itk users mailing list]

Stephen R. Aylward aylward@unc.edu
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:13:06 -0500

Hi,

I think Michael has a valid point - perhaps we should put a warning (in
red) on the page where they sign-up for an account.

Stephen

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:35:27 -0500
From: Michael Bell <bell@radonc.unc.edu>
To: "Stephen R. Aylward" <aylward@unc.edu>

Stephen,
     Sorry I am not going through the list, but I guess I don't have
access to the developer list.

     The problem is not necessarily just for this account. I use the same
password for a certain class of accounts. Fortunately, the accounts are
all of little importance, but I have to go change them all now because I
can't trust that password anymore.

     Regardless of how the capabilities are for an account, it doesn't
make sense to make the password available for anyone with a sniffer to
read. Otherwise, what is the point of having a password?

thanks,
michael

--
bell@radonc.unc.edu