[Insight-developers] Re: itkConstSmartNeighborhoodIterator

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 09:33:17 -0500

Josh,

Bill said that your fix to the ConstSmartNeighborhoodIterator was to put a dynamic_cast<>
in the GetBoundaryCondition() method.

I am concerned that the dynamic_cast<> is going to fail whenever someone has called
OverrideBoundaryCondition() and passed in a different boundary condition type.
OverrideBoundaryCondition() takes any BoundaryCondition type and stores it in the ivar
that GetBoundaryCondition() eventually returns.

My guess is that the GetBoundaryCondition() method should return the superclass BoundaryCondition
type as opposed to the template type.

Also, I think I would try to remove the need for keeping an m_BoundaryCondition and an
m_InternalBoundaryCondition.

Jim