[Insight-developers] Wrapping and hardcoded "float" and "doub le" here and there.

Brad King brad.king@kitware.com
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:15:06 -0500 (EST)

> On a related wrapping note, with the recent CmakeListsTcl.txt, cable
> ends up generating VERY large file names. cmakesetup0 is saying that
> it cannot create the files. I suspect the error is do to the lengthy
> names. The files in trouble are the PointSet registration classes.
The long names are due to the expansion of the arguments to
CABLE_CLASS_SET and CABLE_WRAP_TCL commands in CMake.  We can get around
it by re-arranging the way we instantiate things:

CABLE_CLASS_SET(F "itk::Foo<$Float>")
CABLE_WRAP_TCL(libraryName
  "itk::Bar<$F>"
)

Produces "itkBaritkFoo_float".

CABLE_WRAP_TCL(libraryName
  "itkBarTcl:itk::Bar<itk::Foo<float> >;itkBar.h"
)

Produces "itkBarTcl".

Each reference to a CABLE_CLASS_SET using $Zot notation adds a "tag" to
the end of the name.  If we provide the tag ourselves, then that is used
for the filename.  This is similar to the difference between a nice name
using typedefs in C++ and the corresponding output in error messgaes.

-Brad