[Insight-developers] Cable wrapping in the PC

Lorensen, William E (CRD) lorensen@crd.ge.com
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:03:48 -0500

First of all, thanks to Brad for Cable.

I have been able to get wrapping to work in Windows. However, I had to make a few changes to the way
we use it in Insight.

1) MSDEV gets sick with really large projects. I broke up the cable instantiations in the
CMakeListsTcl.txt files into multiple dlls. This seems to fix the problem.

2) I had to modifiy the #if logic in itkWin32Header.h to accomodate GCCXML. In conjunction with this,
I added a -DGCCXML on my GCCXML_FLAGS in cmakesetup.

3) Some generated filennames, namely in Algorithms may be too long for MS.

Also, if you plan to build with wrapping on, make sure you have mucho disk space avaiable. The xml
files are HUGE.

Bill