[Insight-developers] itk::FixedArray<>

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:30:13 -0500

Lydia Ng wrote:

 > I agree - the term DynamicArray would lead people to think that
 > they can resize the length.
 >
 > I would be happy with FixedArray and Array.

- Lydia

Great !,

So, this is the plan for the substitution:

1) itk::Array is being renamed as:   itk::FixedArray
   first only as the class name ( not the file name ).
   This is to identify all the uses of the class.

2) Once that passes a compilation, itkArray.h and itkArray.txx
   will be renamed directly on the repository in order to keep
   their history and all the #includes in other files will be
   changed to #include "itkFixedArray.h"

3) new files itkArray.h   and   itkArray.cxx will be checked
   in containing the new itk::Array class. This class will
   derive from vnl_vector() without almost any additional
   functionality.

4) Once we have the new itkArray, Transforms will use it to pass
   parameters and Jacobians around. It will be used by Optimizers
   and it will be used by Metrics. Transforms will end up having
   only three template parameters. The ImageMapper will be removed.

I'll go ahead cheking in the changes of (1) in about a hour.

for the record:
Renaming the itk::Array has resulted in few changes in the code
thanks to the fact that it was typedef as "BasicArray" in most of
the classes that use it.

     Luis.