[Insight-developers] Design issues regarding I/O

Bill Hoffman bill . hoffman at kitware . com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:22:58 -0400

I am not sure it does make sense to have the input and output be exactly the
same.   For the input, you need to create a reader based on the type of file
you are trying to read.   For output, you have to specify what type of
output you want in some way as no file exists.  I don't think it is a good
idea to try to pass that information via the output file name.  It will
be safer (no mistakes) and cleaner code to explicitly specify the object
that is going to do the output.

-Bill