[Insight-developers] Design issues regarding I/O

Mark Foskey foskey at cs . unc . edu
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:11:15 -0400

Luis said a while back that getting the object factory working for image
output "should be on WA5".  Is it?  I think it's important because
anyone who wants to do output as well as input will want to use the same
idiom for both.

Also, why does calling Update() on an output object not actually perform
the write?  This seems inconsistent with the overall design of the
system.  As it is, Write() calls Update() and then writes the output,
and Update() just tells the input to update itself.  It would seem more
consistent if Write() wrote the current contents of the buffer *without*
updating the input, and Update() updated the pipeline and then called
Write().  But perhaps I misunderstand the overall design.

--
Mark Foskey    (919) 843-5436   Computer-Aided Diagnosos and Display Lab
foskey@cs.unc.edu               Department of Radiology, CB 7515, UNC