[Insight-developers] Tcl Wrapping

Brad King brad.king@kitware.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:30:53 -0400 (EDT)

Luis,

I'm glad the builds went smoothly for you.

> One lateral question:
> are the gccxml sources still viable for building
> a normal gcc3.0 ? I wonder if I can capitalize on
> the download of the 12Mb by upgrading gcc on the way.   :-)
Yes, they are, but they are still GCC 3.0, not GCC 3.0.1.  You should
probably do a CVS checkout (or download tarballs) of the GCC source and
apply the XML output patch yourself.

There are instructions to do this on the GCC_XML web page:
http://public.kitware.com/GCC_XML/HTML/Patching_GCC.html

I just added a link to it from the beginning of the install instructions
page to clarify the availability of this option.

You may want to wait a few days to do this because GCC 3.0.2 is going to
be released in the next week or so.

-Brad