[Insight-developers] Reorganized directory structure...

Will Schroeder will.schroeder@kitware.com
Fri, 07 Dec 2001 11:30:23 -0500

Hi Folks-

Per our decisions at the November NLM meeting I have reorganized the Insight directory tree.

- Insight/Validation was deleted. Now there is a separated checkout called InsightValidation. It is currently empty.

- The Insight/Unsupported directory was renamed Insight/Auxiliary. Yes, I know we agreed to name it Aux. However, I discovered that on windows there is a mysterious, hidden file in every directory called "aux". Therefore I had to name it something different.

- Dart has been removed from the CVS repository

- CVS has been removed from the CVS repository

- HTML has been placed in InsightDocuments/Web/DevelopersOnly

- HTMLPrivate has been placed in InsightDocuments/Web/DevelopersOnly

I would recommend the following procedure:

1) make sure you have nothing important in the directories Insight/CMake, Insight/Unsupported, Insight/Dart, Insight/Validation, Insight/HTML, and Insight/HTMLPrivate. If so, save it.

2) Delete the directories named above.

3) In the Insight directory: cvs update -d
   you'll see the new Auxiliary directory appear

4) Optional: in InsightDocuments do a cvs update -d
   you'll see the HTML and HTMLPrivate appear

5) Optional: do a "cvs -d :pserver:cvsusername@www.itk.org:/cvsroot/Insight login"
    give your password
    followed by "cvs -d :pserver:cvsusername@www.itk.org:/cvsroot/Insight co InsightValidation"
    to get the validation checkout.