[Insight-developers] new LightProcessObject

Jisung Kim bahrahm@yahoo.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:35:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Will.

First of all, I am really sorry. I should have provide
good reason before adding this stuff. It's my fault,
and I promise this kind of mistake never happens
again.

Here is the reason:

We, at UNC-CH, is developing some statistical
functions and believe that those functions (or process
objects) should work with not only sub-classes of
DataObject but also with other data container objects
such as STL containers and user-defined objects.
Currently, ProcessObject expects DataObject as its
inputs and outputs and also perform pipeline updating
which is supported by DataObject. Some of statistical
process object (for example, classifiers) probably run
quite long time before return any result. So we may
need a way to monitor progress and abort execution of
such operation.

Sorry again to All ITK developers and please let me
hear your opinion.

Jisung.

=====