[Insight-developers] RE: Examples/GaussianFilter

Luis Ibanez ibanez@choroid.cs.unc.edu
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:21:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Miller, James V (CRD) wrote:

> Luis,
>
> Changing fltk to build with multithreaded dlls was the trick.  You application now builds and
> executes.  What type of data can I throw at it?

It reads MetaImage files, which are basically RAW format plus a text
header. Stephen developped this format.

You can download one image from
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~ibanez/Insight/Applications/Series000-1body.mha

You'll see that the header is quite simple and easy to edit.

If we have some volume data from the visible human it will be nice
to prepare a set of MetaImage files with them to be used with
the demos at Bethesda.

> One concern I have is that in building fltk with multithreaded dlls, the fltk distributed examples no
> longer build. Most of their examples have link errors for undefined symbols __argv __argc.  Have you
> seen this before?

Yeap,
but I don't remember what we did about it....
Let me check with the people around me.