[Insight-developers] testing modified times of process objects

Josh Cates cates at rolle.engr.utk.edu
Wed Sep 20 16:59:52 EDT 2000

Hi Will,

My question is a little more specific:  It seems that there are at least
two conditions that will cause Execute() to be invoked.  (1) A filter's
inputs (data) have changed.  (2) A filter's member variables (parameters)
have changed.  Given (1) but not (2), I am looking for a way to avoid the
penalty of re-initializing the filter (calculating coefficients, for
example) before executing.

Josh.

At 03:07 PM 9/20/00 -0400, Josh Cates wrote:
>Hello folks,
>
>How can I test a filter to see if it has been modified since its
Execute()
>method was last called?
>
>For example say I want to do something like:
>
>  MyFilterClass::Execute()
>  {
>    if ( this->HasBeenModifiedSinceLastExecuteCall() )
>    {
>      this->RecalculateSomeFilterParameters();
>    }
>
>    Filter();
>  }

 Josh Cates