[Insight-developers] valarray: no such file ?!

Paul Hughett hughett at mercur.uphs.upenn.edu
Tue Sep 5 15:48:54 EDT 2000

I've just come back to the Insight project after taking about a month
off to write a proposal and have encountered a new bug:

When I try to compile under Red Hat 6.2 Linux, I get the following
error message:

c++ -g -O2 -I. -I/home/hughett/work/Insight/Code/Insight3DParty/vxl
 -I/home/hughett/work/Insight -I/home/hughett/work/Insight/Code/Common
 -I/home/hughett/work/Insight/Code/Insight3DParty/vxl -c
 itkBasicArchitectureTest.cxx -o itkBasicArchitectureTest.o
In file included from itkBasicArchitectureTest.cxx:17:
/home/hughett/work/Insight/Code/Common/itkImage.h:22: valarray: No
 such file or directory

The line at itkImage.h:22 is

   #include <valarray>

I suspect that this is a configuration problem of some sort (valarray
should come with the c++ compiler or library) but don't really know
c++ well enough yet to be enthusiastic about tracking this one down.
Is there anyone who has already encountered and solved this problem
and is willing to enlighten me?

My installed compiler version is:
egcs-g77-1.1.2-30
egcs-objc-1.1.2-30