[Insight-developers] Hotel Ideas...

Ross Whitaker whitaker@cs.utah.edu
Thu, 07 Dec 2000 11:32:29 -0700

Hi All:

Here are a few suggestions for lodging - all are listed at University
rates.  If you need us to help you make reservations, please email
Allyne Betancourt (allyne@cs.utah.edu), who is helping us with this.

As someone else mentioned, because of ski season, you should make
reservations soon.

Also note, Salt Lake City is actually a pretty small place
(geographically) and so those of you who don't want to get a car
*can* (with a little planning ahead) get away without one.

Cheers,

Ross

Marriott at University Park:

Wakara Way by Research Park.
480 S Wakara Way, 581-1000
$99/night.  Walking distance to our bldg.  Shuttle service provided to U
when van is available.

Marriott downtown:

Costs $75/night - government rates (they are still
checking on this for accuracy)

University Guest House:

Just up the hill (short walk) on campus, 587-1000
$69/night.  Includes continental breakfast, rooms with queen size bed,
refrigerator/microwave in room, exercise room in house.
Shuttle to U campus.

Brigham Street Inn Bed and Breakfast:

1135 E South Temple, 364-4461
$115/night.  Includes continental breakfast, king beds, fireplaces in
room.
City buses to U. Walking 15-20 minutes to our building.
*Note:   I've been to this B&B and thought it was really great.

Haxton Manor Bed and Breakfast:

943 E S Temple  363-4646
$79.94/night.  Includes Q size bed.  Some rooms have fireplaces, some
have
jacuzzi.  Extended continental breakfast, cable tv, phones,
City buses to U.  Walking 15-20 minutes to our building.

--
Ross T. Whitaker, Assistant Professor
School of Computing, University of Utah