naming convention

Luis Ibanez ibanez at cs.unc.edu
Tue Apr 18 11:15:36 EDT 2000

Adopting the STL naming convention will certainly reduce
the learning curve for programmers.

To be honest I prefer the naming convention currently
used in Insight as opposed to the one used in STL, but
this is mainly due to the fact that we are used to VTK
and we have learned to be comfortable with this convention.

I like the idea of supporting an unique naming convention.

-----

If we follow STL, maybe the names will not become

   itk_image

but we should have an "itk"   namespace and have

    itk::image

-----

By the way,
which one is the proposed matrix library ?
is it MTL ?