[Imstk-developers] Multiple materials per import

Alexis Girault alexis.girault at kitware.com
Mon Sep 25 11:01:03 EDT 2017

We wouldn't want to confuse geometries (mesh, etc...) with objects (scene
object), which would be part of a scene graph when the needs come.

Sreekanth: wouldn't creating multiple meshes for a unique object be a
problem to handle physics?

Nick: do we need to dissociate meshes per material? Could we retain a
unique mesh and associate materials to a specific set of points/cells? I am
remembering of the multi-texture support in VTK, where I had two sets of
texture coordinates which allowed me to combine two textures at different
parts of a unique mesh.

Alexis Girault
R&D Engineer in Medical Computing
Kitware, Inc.