[Imstk-developers] Multiple materials per import

Sreekanth Arikatla sreekanth.arikatla at kitware.com
Mon Sep 18 11:03:34 EDT 2017

Having mesh split and maintained as separate pieces might complicate
imstk's geometry mappers. Do you have a use case from one of the projects?

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Milef, Nicholas Boris <milefn at rpi.edu>
wrote:

> This question has a subtle difference compared to a previous question I
> asked before, but should we add support for mesh files with multiple
> materials?
>
> When the mesh gets imported, the regions with a different material would
> get split into a new mesh. Or should we introduce a new primitive such as a
> MeshGroup to handle this? Or should we keep them as separate, unrelated
> meshes?

Sreekanth Arikatla, Ph.D.,
Senior R&D Engineer,
Kitware, Inc. <http://www.kitware.com>, Carrboro, NC.