[Imstk-developers] Camera navigation inside colon model

Sreekanth Arikatla sreekanth.arikatla at kitware.com
Mon Mar 13 11:29:04 EDT 2017

Hi Xia,
         This requirement brings up an interesting point. At present we
support camera controller that uses information from *device tracker
<https://gitlab.kitware.com/iMSTK/iMSTK/blob/master/Base/SceneElements/Controllers/imstkDeviceTracker.h>
*to update camera pose. The device tracker takes raw device
positions/rotations and applies rotation/translation offsets
<https://gitlab.kitware.com/iMSTK/iMSTK/blob/master/Base/SceneElements/Controllers/imstkDeviceTracker.cpp#L32>
that
can be prescribed by the user. I think what would be better is to
generalize the *device controller *where the user can prescribe a function
that does the offset or any other custom transform. It should be fairly
simple to do this with C++ lambdas. This extension could cater to your
requirement.

Let me know if you need more explanation. I would be happy to help you do
this as and when you are ready with the rest of the implementation. Thanks.