[Imstk-developers] Camera navigation inside colon model

Zhaohui Xia unihui at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 16:53:20 EST 2017

Hi,

I need a camera navigation inside a colon model as the below picture shown.
To simply it, I think the camera can be move along the central curve of the
inside colon when the camera/endoscopic is pulled/pushed by Omni/Other
devices, and it should be adjusted to different perspective for view in any
point. So I am going to use several piecewise function to represent the
central curve as the following function.

The input parameters for the function is the moving distance (d) from
device, and the output should be the position and orientation of camera.
Currently, the position and orientation of camera are obtained from Omni,
and it will be replaced by calculation result via the piecewise functions
later.

Could you provide the interface in iMSTK for these piecewise function, then
I can add them by myself?

Thanks,

Zhaohui

The colon picture

Zhaohui Xia, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Center for Modeling, Simulation and Imaging
in Medicine (CeMSIM)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute