[IGSTK-Users] Trajectory of a line

Fabian Torres fabian.trobles at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 14:43:12 EST 2013

Hi all.

I have a question that may be a little bit difficult to answer, but I hope
some one can help me.

I have a tracked object (a clylinder) that is attached to a tracker

So I have a cylinder in a 3D which center has de position and orientation
of the sensor.
During time I can obtain the information of translation and rotation given
by my polaris Tracker

The translation information is a 3D vector describing the position of the
center of the object
The orientation is a quaternion that describes the rotation of the cylinder
axis.

The question is, using this information how can I obtain the line that
describes the cylinder in my 3D space with respect to the global coordinate
system?

                           cylinder

I will use this to describe the trajectory that my tool is heading to.

I hope someone could help me with this.

--
Fabián Torres Robles
Maestria en Ciencias en Ingeniería Electrónica
e-mail fabian.trobles at gmail.com, dae.wong at gmail.com