[IGSTK-Users] Polaris tracker reference tool

Fabian Torres fabian.trobles at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 13:03:01 EST 2013

Hi. I would like to know If i can get the transform of a tracked tool with
respect to another tool.

I have two tracked tools in my program attached to the same tracker

referenceTool and ultrasoundTool

I am using my reference tool as my scene origin

View1->RequestSetTransformAndParent(identityTransform, referenceTool);

But I want this reference tool to also be the origin for the coordinates of
my other tool (ultrasoundTool)
When I ask GetTransform() for the ultrasound probe tool I obtain its
transform with respect to the tracker coordinate system, but I want to
obtain the transform with respect to the reference tool coordinate system.

Is there a way ti do this. I have try using

ultrasoundProbe->RequestSetTransformAndParent(identityTransform,referenceTool);

but this does not work.

Thanks for your help

--
Fabián Torres Robles
Maestria en Ciencias en Ingeniería Electrónica
e-mail fabian.trobles at gmail.com, dae.wong at gmail.com