[IGSTK-Users] question ?OpenIGTLinkTrackerBroadcaster

Ziv Yaniv zyaniv at childrensnational.org
Wed Oct 10 10:33:38 EDT 2012

Dear Agata,

If all you want is to send the transformations from one tracking device
(micron tracker or polaris) to another application using OpenIGTLink you
do not need to write new code. Compile the OIGTLinkTrackerBroadcasting
example and supply an xml configuration file. An example for the polaris
vicra + explanations can be found on the wiki
(http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/Using_OpenIGTLink_in_IGSTK)
. For the micron you will have to create a new file with the relevant
configuration (see xml below, not tested).

If you want to receive data from multiple tracking devices you will
either have to change the OIGTLinkTrackerBroadcasting program or run
multiple instances of the program, one per tracker.

If your goal is to log the data to file then you can use the
TrackerDataLogger example (minor change to broadcaster), and replace the
tag send_to with save_to .

                 hope this helps
                       Ziv

<!-- Example of settings for Claron Technologies MicronTracker2  : -->
<!-- The tags are:                                                 -->
<!-- tracking_system: Root element, encompassing all of the data.  -->
<!--                  Must have the attribute 'type' set to        -->
<!-- "micron".                                    -->
<!-- refresh_rate: Get data from the tracker at this rate.         -->
<!-- camera_calibration_directory: Where are the calibration files -->
<!--                              for the tracking system.         -->
<!-- initialization_file: Initial settings for tracker.            -->
<!-- templates_directory: Directory containing the marker template -->
<!-- files.                                   -->
<!-- tool: Has optional attribute 'usage' if set to "reference"    -->
<!--       this tool will be used as a dynamic reference frame.    -->
<!--       All transformation will be reported relative to this    -->
<!--       reference frame.                                        -->
<!-- marker_name: Marker template associated with the specific     -->
<!--              tool. This is a template name found in the       -->
<!-- templates_directory.                             -->
<!-- name: Unique string by which the developer can later reference-->
<!--       the tool inside the program.                            -->
<!-- calibration_file: Optional calibration file. XML file         -->
<!--                   containing the tool's calibration data.     -->
<!-- -->

<tracking_system type = "micron">

     <refresh_rate> 20 </refresh_rate>

     <camera_calibration_directory>
          C:/toolkits/IGSTK/SRC/Testing/Data/Input/CalibrationFiles
     </camera_calibration_directory>

     <initialization_file>
C:/toolkits/IGSTK/SRC/Testing/Data/Input/MicronTracker.ini
     </initialization_file>

     <templates_directory>
       C:/toolkits/IGSTK/SRC/Testing/Data/Input/Markers
     </templates_directory>

     <tool>
       <name> bayonetProbe </name>
       <marker_name> t1 </marker_name>
<calibration_file>C:/toolkits/IGSTK/SRC/Testing/Data/Input/bayonetCalibration.xml</calibration_file>
       <send_to> 127.0.0.1:1003 </send_to>
     </tool>

     <tool>
       <name> usProbe </name>
       <marker_name> t2 </marker_name>
<calibration_file>C:/toolkits/IGSTK/SRC/Testing/Data/Input/USCalibration.xml</calibration_file>
       <send_to> 127.0.0.1:1001 </send_to>
       <send_to> 127.0.0.1:1002 </send_to>
     </tool>

</tracking_system>

On 10/10/2012 9:15 AM, Agata Krasoń wrote:
> Dear IGSTK - users,
>

> I.
> I have a question about example OpenIGTLinkTrackerBroadcasting.
> I used igstk 4.2 & windows 7. I have already built igstk with micron
> tracker flag.
>
> What I should do to receive and send from tracker ?
> Do You have some xml configuration file from micron HX 40 for few
>  marker tracking?
> We want to track a few markers concurrently ?
> As I understand I don't need  changes anything in the example code. Is
> it clear ?
>
> II.
> If we want to track data concurrently from Polaris and Claron should
> we start 2 instances of brodcaster ?
>

> I would appreciate for any information.
>

> Best,
> agatte

> No virus found in this message.

Ziv Yaniv, Ph.D.,
Principal Investigator,
The Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation
Children's National Medical Center
6th Floor Main Hospital, Room M7740
111 Michigan Ave., N.W
Washington, D.C 20010