[IGSTK-Users] Data Acquisition from NDI Aurora Tracking System into IGSTK

Ziv Yaniv zyaniv at childrensnational.org
Wed Feb 1 08:40:21 EST 2012

Dear Nirav,

If you are trying to compile the "NDI Tracking Data Acquisition" program
from the source downloaded from my web page you need to use the old
version of IGSTK, bullet number 5 on the "how to compile" instructions.
The program is really old and the API of IGSTK has changed since then.

You can either use the old version of IGSTK, provided from the web page,
or you will have to modify the program to use the current IGSTK API.

              hope this helps
                            Ziv

On 2/1/2012 6:42 AM, Nirav Karani wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I want to import the tracking data from the NDI Aurora system into
> IGSTK and show the same in VTK. I tried to understand the igstk
> classes such as Tracker, TrackerTool, etc. but I don't know exactly
> what files to run.
>
> I stumbled upon the following link by one of the leading developers of
> IGSTK - http://isiswiki.georgetown.edu/zivy/
> Some codes are available for download on this page, one of which is
> for 'NDI Tracking Data Acquisition'. I copied my
> auroraConfiguration.xml file into the downloaded folder and generated
> the solution using cmake. While building the code, the following
> errors came up:
> DataAcquisition.cxx(75) : error C2039: 'AttachSROMFileNameToPort' : is
> not a member of 'igstk::AuroraTracker'
> DataAcquisition.cxx(80) : error C2039: 'SetValidityTime' : is not a
> member of 'igstk::Tracker'
> DataAcquisition.cxx(224) : error C2039: 'GetToolTransform' : is not a
> member of 'igstk::Tracker'
> DataAcquisitionSettings.cxx(8) : error C2039: 'NumberOfPorts' : is not
> a member of 'igstk::AuroraTracker'
>
> I'm stuck with this for the past 2 days and could really use some help!
>
> Thanks,
> Neerav.
>

> -----
> No virus found in this message.

Ziv Yaniv, PhD.,
Principal Investigator,
The Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation
Children's National Medical Center
6th Floor Main Hospital, Room M7740
111 Michigan Ave., N.W
Washington, D.C 20010