[IGSTK-Users] Read DICOM Metadata /DICOMDIR

jprecio at adinet.com.uy jprecio at adinet.com.uy
Wed Feb 18 05:52:35 EST 2009

Hi,
We are working on an application similar to the Navigator present on
Sandbox 4.0. We want to load not only CT images but also RMI and US.
For doing so, and because of the reader classes specialization, we
could not read them directly without knowing the modality of images on
the directory. Which is the best approach on this case ? Maybe develop
a new class only to read the meta information present on the DICOMs
files  and based on this information using the correct class to read
the images ? This class may bypass IGSTK and interact directly with ITK
or GDCM ?

What about reading a DICOMDIR file ? Is there any class on IGSTK or
ITK to doing ? If not, the best approach could be to implement it
directly with GDCM ?

Thanks,
Javier