[IGSTK-Users] How to get the ImageSpatialObject from an ImageSpatialObjectRepresentation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Feb 20 07:43:22 EST 2008

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for pointing this out.

What we are planning to do here is the following:

1) Views, in response to picking events will throw
    IGSTK PointEvents, that will contain both a Point
    and a reference to a coordinate system (the one
    of the View).

2) You will be able to request the Transform between
    the View CoordinateSystem and the ImageSpatialObject
    pixel data coordinate system.

3) With the Transform you will get from (2), you will
    be able to convert the point from the View coordinate
    system to the ImageSpatialObject pixel data coordinate
    system

4) Once you have the point in image space, you will be
    able to map it to pixel indices and access (read only)
    pixel data.

Pieces (1),(3) and (4) need to be implemented.
Piece (2) is currently functional

Could you please log a bug, for this topic ?

You could describe it as "fixing the coordinate system
framework for picking events".

... or something along those lines...

BTW: Breaking the encapsulation of the ImageObjectRepresentation
      is probably not the best way to solve this issue.

    Thanks

       Luis