[IGSTK-Users] ChoosePixelFormat error when leaving NeedleBiopsy application

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Mon Apr 7 10:33:23 EDT 2008

Hi Sebastian,

Please keep the discussion to the igstk-users mailing list ( CC your
so that others can learn from and contribute to our discussion.

> hi Andinet, let me check what is going wrong with this error before i
> send more info to you and the list. I also found problems if I set the
> logger to ::DEBUG ... but let me try a bit more ...

Great! When you post issues in the future, please try to provide us all
the details so that
we can troubleshoot your problems as fast as possible.

> For the FOB refactoring, I've been working during this weekend and
> have advanced quite a lot. In analogy to the NDI trackers and tools,
> we have the following new and modified files:
>
> igstkFlockOfBirdsTrackerNew.cxx/.h
> igstkFlockOfBirdsTrackerToolNew.cxx/.h
> igstkAscensionTracker.cxx/.h
> igstkAscensionCommandInterpreter.cxx/.h
> igstkAscensionErrorEvent.cxx/.h

Great! Once the classes compile, feel free to commit them to the
Sandbox. You don't need to wait till
the implementation is fully completed. The earlier we look at the code,
the earlier we can give you
feedbacks.

> Since I only followed the tracker refactoring process through the
> developers' messages, I need some time to get again on the road (tool
> not visible and stuff like that ...)

Let us know if you have specific questions. Most of the tracker
refactoring discussion can be found in the following
Wiki pages

- http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/TrackerToolExamples
- http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/Tracker_interface_changes

> There are some features in the NDI trackers that are not present in
> the Ascension trackers, and probably vice versa; but in general, I
> have all the tools at hand.

You can remove those features that don't apply to the Ascension
trackers. Not all trackers share the same features. For example,
if you take a look at the MicronTracker implementation, you will see
MicronTracker-specific feature implementation.

> It would be nice to leave a good organization so in the future we
> could add other trackers from Ascension like the mini and micro bird
> sensors

Similar to the NDI trackers, you might want to create Ascension Tracker
superclass and derive FlockOfBirds, mini, micro
bird trackers from it if they share the same API.

-Andinet

> On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Andinet Enquobahrie
> <andinet.enqu at kitware.com <mailto:andinet.enqu at kitware.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Sebastian,
>
>     Can you let us know the full error description?
>
>     Thanks,
>     -Andinet
>
>         Hi All,
>
>         Has anyone experienced a "ChoosePixelFormat" error when
>         leaving the NeedleBiopsy application?
>         (having successfully loaded a DICOM study)
>
>         best regards,
>         Sebastian

>     --
>     ==========================================================