[IGSTK-Users] Receiving the image from Spatial Object

ionut iorgovan ionutcelgroaznic at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 16:05:34 EDT 2007

Hi,

  I want to display the contour of a segmented object in Axial,Sagittal and Coronal Views using igstk.
  I saw there are implemented in IGSTK sandbox some classes that start with Contour but they suport only mesh representation and also there is no documentation how to use them, and what goes were.

  Therefore I tried to implement my own classes.
  I wanted to display a second transparent slice(above the CT data) that shows a rasterized contour rather than a 3d object.

  So I wrote my own SpatialObject and SpatialObjectRepresentation.
  My workflow goes like this:
  1.Create an empty 3D image(vtk or itk) that has the same dimension like CTSpatialObject internal image data.
  2.Draw my countours inside this image
  3.Pass the image to my SpatialObject in a similar fashion with CTImageSpatialObject.

  My problem is the RequestGetITKImage() with afferent event ITKImageModifiedEvent is not fully implemented so I used  RequestGetVTKImage() instead and then get the dimensions,spacing from the vtk image and create a new itk image.

  My questions are
  1.How can I display contours in igstk(the book offers no clue on how I can do this)?
  2.Why the class has a RequestGetITKImage() and no event ITKImageModifiedEvent?
  3.What is the reason behind this very complicated way of passing image data between classes?
  4.Is isgtk keeping an internal copy of the 3d data in each class?
  5.How a user is supposed to use correctly an Igstk component(methods,event,states-look in constructor for allowed requests, look for allowed events)?

  Teo