[IGSTK-Users] SerialCommunicationSimulator

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Thu May 17 16:03:38 EDT 2007

Hi Ryan,

I am not sure if you could 'convert' your existing file to the
igstk::SerialCommunicationSimulator file format or not, but the way we
used to do this is using the igstk::SerialCommunication class

   /** Set the name of the file into which the data stream is recorded. */
   void SetCaptureFileName(const char* filename);
   /** Get the filename into which the data stream is recorded. */
   const char* GetCaptureFileName() const;

   /** Set whether to record the data. */
   igstkSetMacro( Capture, bool );
   /** Get whether the data is being recorded. */
   igstkGetMacro( Capture, bool );

Since you are dealing with a not yet supported tracker, this might not work.

The code writing the simulation file is in igstk::SerialCommunication
class, around line 454. It's using a logger to direct the output to a file.

Thank you,

Patrick