[IGSTK-Users] Displaying spatial objects in 2D views

Sophie Blestel sophie.blestel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 05:22:53 EDT 2007

Hi,

I try to display a cone in 3D and 2D views, with a location and orientation
given. But on the 2D views the cone remains in the origin (on the right high
corner ) (on the 3D views it is well represented).

This is my code :

First I declare and initialise the cone :
    ConeType::Pointer m_Cone = ConeType::New();
    ConeRepresentationType::Pointer m_ConeRepresentation     =
ConeRepresentationType::New();

    transform.SetTranslation (100, 0.1, 1000);

    m_Cone->RequestSetTransform( transform );
    m_ConeRepresentation->RequestSetConeObject( m_Cone );

I create my 4 views (Axial, Sagittal, Coronal and 3D) in a file .FL as
follows :
    Fl_Box DisplaySagittal {
          label {Display Sagittal}
          xywh {550 0 380 330} box FLAT_BOX color 0 labelcolor 7
          class {igstk::View2D}     }

Then I set the orientation ok the 2D views :
    DisplayAxial->RequestSetOrientation( View2D::Axial );
    DisplaySagittal->RequestSetOrientation( View2D::Sagittal );
    DisplayCoronal->RequestSetOrientation( View2D::Coronal );

And I add the cone representation to the 2D and 3D views :
    DisplayAxial->RequestAddObject( m_ConeRepresentation );   // if I do
m_ConeRepresentation->Copy() the cone disappears
    DisplaySagittal->RequestAddObject( m_ConeRepresentation );
    DisplayCoronal->RequestAddObject( m_ConeRepresentation );
    Display3D->RequestAddObject( m_ConeRepresentation );

For each view, I do :
    DisplaySagittal->RequestResetCamera();
    DisplaySagittal->Update();
    DisplaySagittal->RequestEnableInteractions();
    DisplaySagittal->RequestSetRefreshRate( 20 );
    DisplaySagittal->RequestStart();

And this is my loop :
    while(m_tms->mainWindow->visible())
    {