[Fwd: RE: [Fwd: [IGSTK-Users] Connection lost using igstk:SocketCommunication]]

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Thu Jul 12 11:29:40 EDT 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [Fwd: [IGSTK-Users] Connection lost using
igstk:SocketCommunication]
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:15:38 -0700
From: Hui Zhang <hzhang at accuray.com>
To: Patrick Cheng <cheng at isis.georgetown.edu>
CC: <vgratsac at irisa.fr>

Hi, Patrick,

Everything is great here, but recently is pretty busy with product release.

As to the socket communication time out problem, from the description, I
guess it is due to that the server shuts down the communication for some
reason after establishing the connection. We use the socket
communication class in the deck of cards robot and it works well.

To keep sending some packets may help the connection in this case. This
function should not be inside the core class, because some other
server/client may not allow those additional packets. He can derive his
own class to add a utility function to send those packets triggered by
pulse generator.

There are several things you can try.
1. Use RequestRead functions before the RequestWrite to see if there are
some 'stuck' packets there;
2. In test code for socketcommunication class, add a period of waiting
time between establishing the communication and sending the packets in
the client code.

It would be helpful to post a snippet of the code to see what happened.

Thanks,
James