[IGSTK-Users] Connection lost using igstk:SocketCommunication

Vincent Gratsac vgratsac at irisa.fr
Wed Jul 11 12:42:19 EDT 2007

Hi IGSTK-users,

I'm currently developing a tracker class which will communicate with the
server through an ethernet connection.
So I'm using the igstk::SocketCommunication class available in the IGSTK
SandBox.
My Tracker class opens the communication and connects to the server, but
later, when I try to send data (via the RequestWrite method), I get a
timeout result.
I tried to send data just after connecting and this time it was a
success. Thus I conclude that the communication class lost the connection.

Here are my questions :

    - Currently, what is the state of the igstk::SocketCommunication
class ? Is it stable and completed ?
    - Is there a way in this class to ensure that the connection will
not be lost ? Like sending packets frequently in order to save
connection for example ?

Thank you for your help and have a nice day.

Vincent Gratsac

--
Vincent Gratsac
Unité/Projet VisAGeS U746

Ph:  +33 (0) 2 23 23 49 20/ Fax: +33/0 2 99 84 71 71
email: Vincent.Gratsac at irisa.fr
http://www.irisa.fr/visages/