[IGSTK-Users] Get dimensions from igstkImageSpatialObject

Torleif Sandnes torleif.sandnes at sintef.no
Tue Aug 21 03:20:14 EDT 2007

Hi Luis.

> Btw, looking through the igstkImageSpatialObjectRepresentation
> class, I see that all images are converted to unsigned char because
> of a restriction in vtkImageActor. Next, a vtkImageMapToColors is
> used to set window width and level. Could it be something here that
> results in the problems we have getting good representation of MR
> images? CT images are looking good. ( Attached a screenshot. igstk
> application to the left, osirix to the right. Window level 1011,
> window width: 2319 in both applications.)

This was entirely my fault, and the bug is not in IGSTK, but in my code.
I have been reading it over and over without finding any problems
with it, but it is now evident that a member variable governing
window width was not updated.

After fixing this problem, the images look exactly the same in the
IGSTK application and in Osirix.

I am really sorry for having wasted your time with this.

Torleif