[IGSTK-Users] How to open VTK files ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Apr 2 12:13:38 EDT 2007

Hi Vincent,

What is the content of the VTK files that you have ?
Are they containing vtkPolyData ?

IGSTK can only load images from DICOM files,
and Meshes via ITK MeshSpatialObjects.

If your VTK files have polydata, then one way to proceed
is to convert these polydata to ITK Meshes and save them
using the MeshSpatialObjectWriter. This should be done
with a pure ITK applications.

The resulting files could then be loaded into
an IGSTK-based application.

Please let us know if you have further questions,

    Thanks

       Luis