[Girder-users] Versioning files / folders

Andrés Fortier andres at ekumenlabs.com
Thu Jun 29 14:48:23 EDT 2017

Hi all,
just to close the loop on the previous thread requirements, we would also
need to version the assets a user uploads. We don't need any fancy support
(i.e. semver or similar), just an increasing integer would do it. What we
would need is:

- Updating an asset version each time it is re-uploaded (I assume the new
upload overwrites the existing data).
- Ability to get all the versions of a given asset.
- Ability to recover an asset by its version.
- (Ideally) ability to diff two versions of an asset (but there are tools
that already do this that we could integrate, so no big deal).

Again, assets can be both files or folders (where the latter may be a
tricky one to handle). Is there support for such a use case in Girder?

Thanks!
Andy