[Girder-users] Issue with Adding and Removing Users to/from Groups

Tristan Wright tristan.wright at kitware.com
Tue Feb 28 12:25:22 EST 2017

Hi all,
I believe I'm running into a concurrency issue with adding multiple users
to a group with the "force=true" option on.

Video of network log: https://drive.google.com/
open?id=0BxhQv23DV8jmS3BxRHlTUFBscU0
Video summary:

   - Page loads, fetches group user list, there is 1 user.
   - Make two requests adding two users Sarah and Hannah
   - group/access response is a list of two users, the original user and
   Hannah

I expect there to be 3 users in the group/access response. Refreshing the
page has no effect, it looks like something is colliding and not being
changed properly?

The call is made with chained promises. Perhaps 1/5 times the changes are
correctly made to the access list. I've tried to replicate the problem with
curl calls unsuccessfully, the final call has the right amount of users. I
see the same behavior when trying to remove multiple users from a group.

Is this a girder bug or am I making the invitation requests improperly?
--
- Tristan Wright

*R&D Engineer*
*Kitware Inc.*