[Girder-users] C++ client library

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Wed Apr 26 18:34:05 EDT 2017

Hi Carlos,

While I don't have experience with Swagger + cpp generation, if Qt is a
dependency of your stack you could look into using qRestAPI,
<https://github.com/commontk/qRestAPI>it is a simple library to perform
synchronous or asynchronous REST API calls.

Instead of JsonCpp, I would also suggest to use RapidJson
<http://rapidjson.org/>, it performs order of magnitude faster.

Hth
Jc

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Carlos Agüero <caguero at osrfoundation.org>
wrote:

> hi to everyone!
>
> I noticed that Swagger has been used inside Girder. I don't know anything
> about Swagger but the Girder online documentation for visualizing the API
> and even requesting API calls is pretty awesome.
>
> We're considering to write a C++ client library for Girder and I found
> that Swagger supports the generation of client libraries in multiple
> languages (including C++). Does anyone know if this is possible and/or a
> good approach? My first instinct is to write a custom library using libcurl
> and a json parser as dependencies (jsoncpp maybe) but I'd love to hear if
> someone has suggestions about Swagger.
>
> Thanks!
> Carlos

+1 919 869 8849