[Girder-users] C++ client library

Carlos Agüero caguero at osrfoundation.org
Wed Apr 26 18:25:51 EDT 2017

hi to everyone!

I noticed that Swagger has been used inside Girder. I don't know anything
about Swagger but the Girder online documentation for visualizing the API
and even requesting API calls is pretty awesome.

We're considering to write a C++ client library for Girder and I found that
Swagger supports the generation of client libraries in multiple languages
(including C++). Does anyone know if this is possible and/or a good
approach? My first instinct is to write a custom library using libcurl and
a json parser as dependencies (jsoncpp maybe) but I'd love to hear if
someone has suggestions about Swagger.

Thanks!
Carlos