[Girder-users] Deploy Girder on AWS with Elastic Beanstalk

Carlos Agüero caguero at osrfoundation.org
Thu Apr 20 19:41:06 EDT 2017

Hello,

I'm new to Girder and deployed a local instance on my own development
machine without problems following your documentation (nice documentation
by the way!).

I'd like to deploy another Girder instance on AWS and I've read the
"Deploy" section of the Administrator documentation. It seems to cover a
few options but none of them is AWS.

I normally use Elastic Beanstalk (EB) that allows you to configure a load
balancer that will spin up machines depending on the server demand. This
model seems compatible with Girder as long as the database is deployed in a
separate machine separated from the servers, to make sure that there's only
one machine running the database.

Does anyone have experience, documentation or suggestions deploying Girder
on AWS with EB?

Thanks!
Carlos