[Girder-users] Slicer interfacing with Girder

Brian E Chapman Brian.Chapman at utah.edu
Fri Sep 25 11:32:05 EDT 2015

Hi Brian,

I think I’m mostly interested in things from the Girder side as what I would like to do is be able to directly access images stored in Girder via a Jupyter notebook or Slicer (for two examples). Also more general than DICOM as we would tend to have as many jpeg, nifti, nrrd, or meta images as DICOM. This is something I struggled with in Midas and wrote some work-arounds for to get SimpleITK to read files from Midas (creating soft links with the correct file extension to the stored resource in Midas).

 I should delve into your dermatology code more as I imagine what you are doing in that is close to what I envision doing with volumetric medical images.

Brian