[Girder-users] Slicer interfacing with Girder

Brian Helba brian.helba at kitware.com
Fri Sep 11 18:19:50 EDT 2015

What a timely question!

Today, at the DICOMweb 2025 hack session, JC and I worked on adding support
for RESTful DICOM protocols (WADO first) into Girder.

Steve Pieper, who was with us, worked on (and got a working demo for)
adding similar support into Slicer.

A goal that we discussed is to allow data exchange via this mechanism.  If
you're more interested in the Girder side, talk to me, JC, and Zack Mullen
(but feel free to CC the list too). If you're more interested in the Slicer
side, talk to JC and Steve.
Hi Brian,

This is certainly something we'd like to do. I believe we'll be doing some
of this work sometime in the next few months, but JC (in copy) can probably
better comment on that (he's our Slicer guy).

Thanks,
Patrick Reynolds
Technical Leader
Kitware, Inc.