[Girder-users] Installation in virtualbox

Zach Mullen zach.mullen at kitware.com
Sun Nov 15 13:39:05 EST 2015

Hi Bastian,

You won't need to install anything on the host, if you can access the start
page from within the guest that means it's running, so it seems to be a
simple issue of port forwarding from guest to host. In virtualbox, go to
Settings -> Network -> Advanced -> Port Forwarding. You should make sure
that whatever port you were able to access via lynx in the guest is listed
as the guest port, and that it is mapped to a port number in the host that
you have permission to bind to. You'll probably need to restart the VM
before it will take effect.

Thanks,

Zach Mullen
Kitware, Inc.