[Girder-users] Installation in virtualbox

bastil2001 bastil2001 at yahoo.de
Sun Nov 15 05:55:03 EST 2015

Hello all,

I am currently tring girder. I installed it on avirtualbox. Host system
is a Gentoo Linux, Guest is CentOS 7. I followed the documentation to
get it running and it went fine.

I Know the server is up, I can see the start page using the "lynx"
command-based browser in the guest. However, I am struggling to access
the server from my host.

1. Do I have to install the girder web client part on the host?
2. What network settings do I need to route a default girder to the
host? I tried bridged network and NAT with port forwarding of port 8080
without success.

Thanks Bastian