[Dart] Purify on Dashboard for Windows

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:14:24 -0400

I modified Dart to support running Purify on windows.  If you want to submit a purify report report
to the Dashboard, you will need to:

1) Update CMake/Modules/Dart.cmake
2) Update Dart/Source
3) Run CMake in your build directory
4) Edit CMakeCache.txt (or use the CMakeSetup GUI) and edit the PurifyCommand cache entry
      so spec out the path and name of the purify executable (purify.exe)
	(FIND_PROGRAM doesn't seem to look through Program Files for executables. Perhaps we 	 need
a FIND_PURIFY command)
5) Run a build/test/sequence with purify
	tclsh DART_ROOT/Source/Client/DashboardManager.tcl DartConfiguration.tcl Experimental Start
Build Test Purify Submit

Notes:

A) Potential memory leaks:  unix Purify reports potential memory leaks as PLK and windows Purify
reports potential memory leaks as MPK.  So the summary reports have a column for both MPK and PLK.

B) On windows, the purify information is not too informative as to where the leak is unless there is
debugging information.  You should probably use the RelWithDebInfo configuration for your project.
To do this, edit CMakeCache.txt and change the cache entry for MAKECOMMAND.  Replace "ALL_BUILD -
Release" with "ALL_BUILD - RelWithDebInfo".  You should do a clean on the Release configuration to
remove any executables that are lying around. Dart will use executables it finds in Release before
anything it finds in RelWithDebInfo

I have not yet setup a nightly to run purify on the PC for Insight. Hopefully, I will get to that
soon.